Yesterday, I was honored to receive another award from the lovely and talented Lita Doolan of Any old world uncovered by new writing. Thanks, Lita!! It’s the historic Liebster Award given to help people discover new blogs.
Like all blogging awards, it comes with a few rules, and here they are:
(1) Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
(2) You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
(3) Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination. (I may have broken this rule because I’m so new here!)
(4) Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are the wonderful questions that Lita asked me:
1)What is your favorite building to look at?
It’s nothing historical or famous, but the condo building where my husband and I stay for two weeks each summer at the beach is my favorite place to see. I know it means two weeks of fun, sun, and time with my hubby!
(2) Is there a city that has changed you in some way (if so which one)?
I’ve lived for most of my life in the suburbs of Washington, DC. I feel very fortunate that I’ve always had fast access to the museums and cultural events there.
(3) On a day off what museum or gallery would you visit?
This is a hard question, as visiting just about any museum is probably my favorite type of day out. The Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan is a big favorite of mine. However, if I could go anywhere in the world, I’d choose the Louvre, because I’ve never been there and I’ve always wanted to go.
(4) If you were putting a raft together to survive the floods what would be your secret building material (it can be crazy or practical)?
I would fill in any cracks with chocolate Optifast bars. They don’t taste good at all, but they have the consistency of hardened tar and would both keep me afloat and keep me from starving!
(5) If food had no calories what would you fill your table and plate with?
Definitely nothing sweet! I’m now in my 5th week of drinking Optifast shakes. They’re so sweet that I don’t care if I have anything sugary ever again! I would honestly love an assortment of roasted veggies–baby potatoes, butternut squash, shallots, parsnips, carrots, red onion, garlic and cherry tomatoes. My daughter made this several days ago, and the aroma was heavenly!
(6) What is your favorite method of transport?
Years ago I would have said airplane or speedboat, now days I’m pretty happy in my zippy little car.
(7) Do you remember the first time you smiled and around what age were you?
I wish I did. I’ve always been a smiley person, so I’ll bet I was a few weeks old.
(8) What (who or where) inspires your writing?
My personal experiences and my family are my greatest sources of inspiration. I haven’t written a lot about my husband on this blog, but he’s a huge source of material—especially humorous stories!
(9) What is your favourite body of water (ocean, pool, spa…)?
The ocean for my favorite view and a pool for my favorite place to swim (I like to know that nothing creepy is swimming around me!)
(10) What advice would you give to your younger self (fun, fictional or factual)?
This is a good one! Be more relaxed, break a few rules, and don’t worry. Most things you worry about NEVER come to pass.
Here are the questions for my winners:
- What’s something about yourself that you’re most proud of?
- If you had to spend a year in one place, where would that place be and why?
- What’s your most embarrassing moment?
- My guilty pleasure is watching trash TV, what’s yours?
- What teacher had the most impact on you in school and why?
- What was your favorite vacation ever?
- What book or movie is your life most like?
- Who or what is the main inspiration for your blog posts?
- Have you ever made a prank phone call? Tell me about it!
- What’s the funniest You Tube clip you’ve ever watched? Can you share it?
This is my list of winners:
Thanks so much again to Lita Doolan of Any old world uncovered by new writing!