It’s finally happened! I saw him! The seasonal celebrity that I’ve been waiting for was posing sprightly on a four-foot pile of snow right in MY front yard this morning. No, it wasn’t Hugh Jackman, because it’s scientifically proven that his mere presence near snow would cause instantaneous melting! 😉 It was none other than the jaunty little messenger of Spring; the Robin. I ran to get my phone to snap a photo, but alas he had taken his flight before my return. Yet, still, I saw him with my own, two winter-weary eyes, and for this I am deeply thankful.
I’m genuinely thankful for lots of other things, too.
- The ever-abiding love and support of my husband and children
- The sisterly love of my best friend who has been everything a perfect friend could be to me (even when I haven’t been perfect) for most of my life
- My cats, who make me laugh every single day
- The health and happiness of myself and my loved ones
- The appliances that make my life easier (sounds silly, but I lived in an apartment for many years without a washer and dryer or dishwasher)
- Shakes to drink :), books to read, art to appreciate, a house to clean
- The ability and desire to seek joy and help others
- Conversation, laughter and connectedness
- Hot tea and good blogs to read
- Having a heart too full and a page too short to list everything that I’m thankful for! 🙂
What are you most thankful for on this beautiful day?
(By the way, it’s my weigh-in day. I’ll post my progress this evening after my appointment. Wish me luck!) I’m sorry, I almost forgot to update! I lost 3 more pounds!! 🙂