Even though I’ve been a tardy blogger, I’m thrilled to pieces that Mimi from PsychologistMimi has nominated me for the Lighthouse Award. Being nominated by such an interesting and adventurous blogger is very exciting! This award was created by a fellow blogger in order to recognize those blogs that bring “light to a dark world.” I feel very honored that Mimi would include me in her list of nominees.
Like with most awards there’s a list of rules I have to follow in order to claim this achievement.
1.Display the award certificate on the blog. Done! It’s on this post and featured on my sidebar display.
2. Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you. You’re reading it right now! 🙂 Did I mention that the lovely Mimi from PsychologistMimi nominated me?
3. Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
I’ll be doing that very shortly!
4. Share three ways that you like to help other people
(This one is hard, as I’m not involved in any major organizations. I try to be ever helpful in my day-to-day living.)
1. I enjoy inspiring others to live a healthier lifestyle by sharing the fitness, weight loss, and behavior modification information that I’ve been learning through my bariatric program.
2. I love being there for my friends and family. Whether its listening to a friend who’s feeling down, cooking a meal for a sick relative, or helping my daughter study for a test that she’s worried about, I really like making people feel better.
3. I have an open, accepting, and compassionate heart and treat everyone with kindness.
5. There is no limit to the number of people who you can nominate.
This is the good part! I nominate:
- Kim, from Always Thinking I’m Fat: I love Kim’s positive attitude, and her real-life stories. If we lived near one another, I know we’d hang out! Her dedication to losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle is a daily inspiration to me!
- Rob, from Weight 2 Lose 2013:Rob is an active dad, a musician, and an avid gardener. He also seems to know quite a lot about Ancient Aliens! He always has a bright, positive attitude, and a friendly comment to share!
- Elaine, from Foodbod: Elaine is a dedicated stay-at-home mom and an amazing vegetarian cook. I wish I lived near her so I could sample some! She’s been a wonderful inspiration to me throughout my weight loss journey.
6. Have fun.
This is the easy part, I’m always having fun! 🙂
Thanks again to the lovely Mimi for this wonderful honor!